[RCD] How to create a new letter by url?

Vladimir Gorpenko vgo at stels.ru
Tue Jun 11 10:06:56 CEST 2019

Hi!

I would like to be able to immediately enter the RoundCube in the mode
of creating a new letter by url from another application.

Some fields, such as "from", "to" and "body" of the created letter must
be initially filled with the data transmitted in the request.

Since the volume of this data can be significant, it is advisable to use
the POST method. However, if only the GET method is available, I will
find another way to pass the information.

In other words, I want to be able to create a link such as

https://rcmail.a.b/newletter?from=a@b.c&to=d@e.f&body=Hello!

in another application; when clicking on it, the user would open a
window for creating a new letter in RC with partially filled content.

For this illustration, I use a more visual GET method, but of course
POST is desirable.

Is it possible to do this in principle without reworking the RC thorough
and what means are there for it?

I apologize for my English, I use Google translator.

--
Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko