[RoundCube Users] New User - A couple of questions

Robert A. Pickering Jr. rob at pickering.net
Mon Jan 30 19:16:47 CET 2006

The initial login page can be SSL encrypted, that's up to your web
server, roundcube doesn't care, here are my stanzas for my server,
running on Apache under Fedora Core 4.  These stanzas will force SSL,
even if you go straight to the non-SSL URL.  Obviously you'll have to
make changes to the pathes, IPs, and server names.  The RedirectMatch
on the port 80 server is what forces the redirect to an SSL version of
the site (port 443).

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.101:80>
     ServerName webmail.example.net
     ServerAdmin webmaster at example.net
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/html
     LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-agent}i\"" combined
     CustomLog /usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/logs/access.log
combined

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
"/usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/cgi-bin/"
     <Directory "/usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     Alias /icons /var/www/icons

     RedirectMatch /$ https://webmail.example.net/

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.101:443>
     ServerName webmail.example.net
     ServerAdmin webmaster at example.net
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/html
     LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-agent}i\"" combined
     CustomLog /usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/logs/access.log
combined

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
"/usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/cgi-bin/"
     <Directory "/usr/local/web/sites/webmail.example.net/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     Alias /icons /var/www/icons

     SSLEngine on
     SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/pki/apache/webmail.example.net.crt
     SSLCertificateKeyFile
/usr/local/etc/pki/apache/webmail.example.net.key
     SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/etc/pki/apache/sf_issuing.crt
</VirtualHost>

I haven't found a way to dynamically subscribe to all folders, however
it shouldn't be that big of a deal because all the folders are listed
on the settings screen for each user.

If you know the folders, then you can do it per user by just creating a
subscriptions file in their "mail" folder (under Linux at least,
Windows you'll have to fare on your own) and listing all the folders,
one per line.  Roundcube will read that and subscribe them all
automatically.

HTML/RTF mail editing is on the development train, but isn't there yet.

- --
Robert A. Pickering Jr.              Avitech, Inc.

- -- My other computer is your Windows box --

PGP key ID: 75CAFF7D 1995/05/09
PGP Fingerprint: B1 63 0C 09 D8 2E 5D 69  BB 61 A2 92 22 37 63 C3