[RoundCube Users] Roundcube Checks All Folders

David Blewett david at dawninglight.net
Thu Jan 19 19:18:59 CET 2006

Quoting Léonard Bouchet <roundcube at alternative.ch>:

> Can't you (un)subscribe to any folder you want (under preferences ->
> folders)? Doesn't it change this behavior?
>
> Regards,
>
> -l

Unsubscribing removes the folder completely from the list of folders. I
still want to be able to open the folder to view messages in it. Plus,
this affects all my the other IMAP clients I use.

I don't think it's reasonable to check every subscribed folder on every
message/folder access. It makes more sense to me to do it once at login
then on a timed basis or by a "Check Server for New Messages" button.
Knowing the unread count is not nearly as import to me as a responsive
application.

David