[RoundCube Users] Call to undefined function: query() when trying to install

P.J.Reed speed at sakabatou.net
Tue Jan 17 21:52:15 CET 2006

Problem solved!  Actually, my problem wasn't the same as yours, but thanks to a clue I got from what you said, I was able to figure it out.  I noticed that if I tried to have it log in to an account without a password, it would work, and I had the same problem with another application some time ago...

Newer versions of MySQL use a password hashing scheme that is not compatible with older versions, and applications designed to work with the older version can't handle the newer one.  The easiest way to fix that is by doing this:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcube.*
    TO roundcube at localhost
    IDENTIFIED BY OLD_PASSWORD('roundcube');

This sets the password using the old hashing mechanism, and after that, RoundCube is now working.  Thanks!

P. J.