Outgoing SSL problem

Jari Majander jari.majander at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:24:37 CEST 2006

Hello,
I am trying to connect to an OpenLDAP server from Roundcube using SSL.
However, the SSL connection is never properly initialized due to error 81 from
the LDAP server. If I try

openssl s_client -connect ldap.example.com:636 -showcerts -state -ssl3
-CAfile cacerts.pem

then creating SSL connection works just fine (verify return code is 0).
In this case the server certificate is self-signed and is included in
cacerts.pem.

I wonder if there is any mechanism in Roundcube or PHP to deal with
self-signed server certificates when using LDAP->connect/bind?
I would expect a way to introduce server certificates of trusted peer
servers (such as the LDAP server above). How can this be done
in Roundcube? If this is a PHP/Apache-level issue, then please
let me know.

WBR,
--jari