Rich Text Editor

Nipun Jain jain.nipun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 22:48:05 CEST 2006

No need for the tarball, all you have to do is to add the following line in
the compose.html file (/skins/default/templates) and put the jscripts
directory from the tinyMCE archive in the root of your RoundCube install.

> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
> src="jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
>     tinyMCE.init({
>         mode : "exact",
>         theme : "compose-body",
>         plugins :
> "advimage,advlink,emotions,insertdatetime,searchreplace,contextmenu,paste",
>         theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
>         theme_advanced_buttons2_add :
> "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor",
>         theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before:
> "cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator",
>         theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
>         theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
>         theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
>         content_css : "example_word.css",
>         plugi2n_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",
>         plugi2n_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",
>         external_link_list_url : "example_link_list.js",
>         external_image_list_url : "example_image_list.js",
>         flash_external_list_url : "example_flash_list.js",
>         file_browser_callback : "fileBrowserCallBack",
>         paste_use_dialog : false,
>         theme_advanced_resizing : true,
>         theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : false,
>         theme_advanced_link_targets : "_something=My
> somthing;_something2=My somthing2;_something3=My somthing3;",
>         paste_auto_cleanup_on_paste : true,
>         paste_convert_headers_to_strong : false,
>         paste_strip_class_attributes : "all",
>         paste_remove_spans : false,
>         paste_remove_styles : false
>     });
>
>     function fileBrowserCallBack(field_name, url, type, win) {
>         // This is where you insert your custom filebrowser logic
>         alert("Filebrowser callback: field_name: " + field_name + ", url:
> " + url + ", type: " + type);
>
>         // Insert new URL, this would normaly be done in a popup
>         win.document.forms[0].elements[field_name].value = "someurl.htm";
>     }
> </script>

I did this and the compose text area gets converted into an area editable by
tinyMCE after which RoundCube fails to recognise the the text in the message
body and the recipient sees the html code and not the html output.