virtuser section in main.inc.php config file

David Ellenwood me at davidpaulellenwood.com
Thu May 11 20:42:04 CEST 2006

My host (Dreamhost) uses aliases to tie mailbox usernames to the actual
email address, usually something like: mailbox m123456 = user at domain.com.
When using the standard Squirrel Mail installation at Dreamhost, I can login
with my email address alias (user at domain.com) and password instead of using
my mailbox username (m123456).

With RoundCube I cannot.  I must use the mailbox username (m123456) instead
of the alias.  I'm sure this is because I am logging into the IMAP server
directly through the mail host:ports (like I would in Outlook, for example)
verses using the host controlled Squirrel Mail utility.

There are two variables in the main.inc.php config file that I think I may
help in this situation.  The variables are: 'virtuser_file' and
'virtuser_query'.  However, I'm not entirely sure of the usage of those
variables and I cannot seem to find any documentation for them either.

Basically, are the two variables named above an option to get around this
issue?  If so, how would I go about implementing them in my RoundCube
install?

Thank you,

DaveE