postgres/roundcube configuration fix

mholbert7il at yahoo.com mholbert7il at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 06:43:41 CEST 2006

i recently installed roundcube using postgresql as my
backend and developed the blank page problem that i
saw several times in the forums:

DB Error: DB Error: connect failed in
/var/www/html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc
on line 97

postgresql, in my setting, was running on the same box
that my web server was running.  i knew the connection
worked fine because i have a substantial codebase that
was working fine.  however, i wasn't using pear.

i was connecting via unix sockets.  thus, my
connection string in the config file had to look like:

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] =
'pgsql://username:password@unix(/tmp)/databasename';

the @unix(/tmp) was the key.

hopefully, this will help someone in the future.

mike