physical mail storage

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed May 3 21:45:23 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 15:34 -0400, "Marc Arbour (Ci²)" wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> Being new to this community, I wonder if I ask at the right place.
>
> Once a user has logged into the roundcube interface and checked (or send
> or else) his emails, where are they physically located? in the mysql
> database or still in the pop/imap server?

Last I checked, roundcube only supported imap, not pop. With imap the
users mail is located on the imap server. If roundcube caching is
enabled a local copy of mail will be made in the mysql database, this is
a duplicate of what is stored at the imap server and exists only for
performance reasons when you have a slow imap connection.

If caching is disabled the only copy is on the imap server.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc.