Customizing Login: Tips?

Brett Patterson - Roundcube Forum Admin brett at roundcubeforum.net
Thu May 18 05:20:28 CEST 2006

jh at thefirm.biz wrote:
> I have to start by saying, while I've only been looking at the code for a day (0.1 beta), RoundCube appears really well-written. That puts it in about the top 5% of the hundreds of PHP-based programs I've worked with (and had to heavily modify).
>
> I'm hoping for some tips on creating a custom login so that my users only need to login once for the website and RoundCube rather than twice. I know RoundCube is beta, but it's better than v.1010 of a few programs I know.
>
> I'd like to avoid as much as possible setting up a login that has to be re-written too often due to updates in RoundCube code. I know it'll happen, but any tips would be appreciated.
>
> >From looking at the code, it seems relatively simple, but I've been bitten more than once with that assumption.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeff Hill

Not sure that complete integration is possible, but you might search the
forums for "remote login" to start you in the right direction.  I guess
as long as the values are there for the user, and they're logged in and
Roundcube can see them, it should be okay.

--
~  Brett  Patterson  ~
Roundcube Forum  Admin