problem with installation

Markus Mobius mobius at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 26 20:32:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

I followed all the instructions and was able to install Roundcube just
fine. However, it does not let me login. I changed the config settings
as follows:

// the mail host chosen to perform the log-in
// leave blank to show a textbox at login, give a list of hosts
// to display a pulldown menu or set one host as string.
// To use SSL connection, enter ssl://hostname:993
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'ssl://mail.fas.harvard.edu:993';

// TCP port used for IMAP connections
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 993;

The error log shows the following problem:

[26-Sep-2006 14:24:22 -0400] IMAP Error: Could not connect to
ssl://mail.fas.harvard.edu at port 993: The operation completed
successfully. in  on line 0

I don't understand what this error message means. The database settings
seem to all work.

I tried logging in as username/password and also as
username at fas.harvard.edu and password. I also tried another (secure)
mail server and had the same problem. I suspect that it has something to
do with the communication between Roundcube and the IMAP server - but
the error message above was too cryptic for me to investigate any further.

Best,

Markus Mobius