debian/postfix/courier issues?

phil phil at cryer.us
Sun Sep 24 00:11:52 CEST 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:42:36 -0500, "Kenn Murrah" <kennmurrah at gmail.com> wrote:
> just discovered this extraordinary looking application !
>
> i currently have a debian server running postfix and courier-imap and
> using
> mysql as user database

I'm on with postfix, dovecot for imap, and mysql 5.x

.. are there any issues i'll encounter with this
> installation?

No, just follow the docs, if you want the bleeding edge, you can see my docs here:
http://fak3r.com/2005/11/15/howto-install-roundcube-webmail-from-svn-was-cvs-on-freebsd/

there's really nothing that's too specific to fbsd, save for ownership for apache.

>anything special i need to know before attempting the
> installation?  do i need to uninstall sqwebmail first?

no, don't bother uninstalling, that way you can have that working as you try RC

> Any help would be greatly appreciated -- i'm foolish enough to attempt
> this
> install on a production server and can't afford to mess up anything :-)

again, no issue, just install to a web avail dir out on it's own to get it going.

--
http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it

believed to be clean.