[RCU] Re: RoundCube Folder w/ 8500+ messages (Squirrelmail 1.5.x works fine)

Brady J. Frey brady at dotfive.com
Mon Aug 20 23:04:52 CEST 2007

Since Roundcube is syncing your mail with a database, I don't think
you're going to get too much speed out of it reading that much mail.
Ideas are: Jacking up php.ini to have a larger max resources (for
example in my /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini file I can up my memory_limit
= whatever I choose), do the cache such as you recommended, use
something like Zend optimizer
http://www.zend.com/products/zend_optimizer/?engine=google&cmpg=optimizer&k_id=zend_optimizer
to speed up your PHP, or do other tricks to get PHP rolling (found this
reference
http://phplens.com/lens/php-book/optimizing-debugging-php.php)... or
cleaning out your inbox, and I recommend Getting Things Done by David
Allen to help with that:)

In all seriousness, there are many variations I can think of, some maybe
the fact that Roundcube is going to a MySQL database, so MySQL on your
end could be slow, or PHP, or both. I don't think Squirrell uses MySQL
does it?