auth with cram-md5 when imap login

Lewis Butler lbutler+roundcube at covisp.net
Fri Feb 2 08:19:38 CET 2007

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:14:21 +0900, <p-simai at ssl.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On 1-Feb-2007, at 23:58, 今井 信 wrote:
>> Thomas Gibbons <tgibbons at eymo.us> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:56:20 -0800
>>>
>>> Roundcube is such a nice web mail. It is the best of what I know
>>> about
>>> webmail.
>>>
>>> but I have one question.
>>>
>>> login takes really long so tailed maillog and I found out the
>>> reason.
>>> Roundcube tries to log in with cram-md5 and then with login
>>> How can I configure auth method as login?

>> Is your mail server configured to allow cram-md5? If so disable it.

> Yes, it is. but I don't want to disable it.
> I mean, you can choose auth type for smtp auth so I wanted to choose
> what auth type I use for imap auth.
> I guess there is not such a configuration now, is it?

The configuration is with your mailserver software.  When someone
connects the first thing it does, after exchanging HELO or EHLO
greetings, is advertise its capabilities.  Your server is advertising
cram-md5. so roundcube is using it.  If your server cannot auth via
cram-md5, it should not advertise it.

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209