Re Question about RoundCubeMail Setup

Brady J. Frey brady at dotfive.com
Tue Feb 20 18:19:07 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

> Thanks for your quick response. I was suspecting that I might need a
> backend
> IMAP server to run with RCM but wanted to make sure it was an absolute
> requirement. I suppose I should have noticed the word "client" in the
> description and that would have answered my question. lol
>
> It seems that the server specs and bandwidth aren't going to be that
> much of
> a problem as we're going to be using a large datacenter and have
> plenty of
> servers setup in clusters. Finding a good, reliable IMAP server is
> going to
> be a problem it seems. I'll keep looking and, if anyone happens to
> have any
> recommendations, please feel free to forward them my way.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Just to throw my hat in here - we use OS X's Postfix/Cyrus mail server
(or have for the past 3 years), and while it runs relatively smoothly,
it's lack of configuration power can sometimes tie our hands and give us
a grand headache. I'm not a strong supporter of it, and have looked for
a more robust alternative - especially after fickle corruption from
bootable backups, and other joys. The bleeding edge version may have
some of these tweaked out, just noting.