P_connect vs mysql_connect

kmnair kmnair at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:12:17 CEST 2007

On 5/27/07, Joe Rosa <joeszepe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> My host doesn't allow a p_connection (mysql:// roundcube:pass at localhost/roundcubemail) to the MySQL database for security reasons , they suggested to use a mysql_connect to make the connector. Someone knows if is it possible to do that ?? And how ??
>
> Thanks
> Joe Rosa
> joeszepe at yahoo.co.uk

I assume by host you mean your ISP. And I also assume that you are
using shared hosting.

It is best to use phpmyadmin.

The string to be used in your db.inc.php would be something similar to below.

'mysql://yourISPlogin_roundcube:password@host/yourISPlogin_roundcubemail'

This is for shared hosting. In shared hosting, when you create
databases in MySql, they are created by suffixing your login name. So
a user with login name "abc" will have a database with name
"roundcube" as abc_roundcube.

You will need to get the exact host name from your ISP.

HTH

kmn