[RCU] Assign IMAP Folders

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Mon Nov 5 16:20:55 CET 2007

I couldn't get the RoundCube config line for defaults to do what I
wanted.
I create symlinks to make this work for my users.

[chasd at mail ~]$ ls -l mail
total 3456
-rw------- 1 chasd users    1536 Aug 22 12:09 Drafts
lrwxrwxrwx 1 chasd users      33 Feb 28  2007 dspam -> ../../dspam/
data/chasd/chasd.mbox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 chasd users       4 Feb 28  2007 Junk -> spam
lrwxrwxrwx 1 chasd users       9 Feb 28  2007 Sent -> sent-mail
-rw------- 1 chasd users  176385 Oct 26 13:54 sent-mail
-rw-rw-r-- 1 chasd users 2772377 Oct 26 13:54 spam
-rw------- 1 chasd users  564621 Oct  5 17:30 Trash

This way, the default pine mail boxes are mapped to the default
RoundCube mail boxes.
Web interface, CLI interface, and desktop app interface all work
together.

In RoundCube, I set the "real" mailboxes to be hidden.
The "Trash" and "Drafts" mail boxes are only used by RoundCube.
Note I have a symlink to the DSPAM quarantine so users can check for
false positives.
They can't get to the DSPAM web interface, but that isn't a big problem.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265