[RCU] not connecting to Dovecot

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Thu Nov 8 16:01:55 CET 2007

> I have tried localhost as well as 127.0.0.1 to connect to my Dovecot
> server. Nothing is visible in the Dovecot logs to indicate a
> connection is being made or attempted.

Can you log into your web server and connect to your imap server using the
telnet command, ie telnet localhost 143 ?

FWIW, RCU works fine with my dovecot instance here.  In my case I have it
bound to just my eth0 address, not *, so I have to tell the various web
apps to connect to the host's real IP address instead of localhost.