[RCU] Shared IMAP folder subscriptions

Dennis Ortsen dortsen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:37:01 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into a successor of our well know Horde/IMP webmail
environment. Upgrading is quite a nightmare for our site, since we
have customized (disabled functionality) in IMP. With every new
release, we need to sit down and discover (again) where the various
bits need to be replaced.

I stumbled upon roundcube. It looks very nice, the UI acts as if it is
a regular MUA on any computer.

I have a question about IMAP subscriptions for shared IMAP folders. We
use Cyrus as an IMAP server. Cyrus offers te ability to share
mailboxes. In IMP I can view the shared mailboxes of others, but in
roundcube, I don't see the other mailboxes at all. I suspect it has
something to do with the root folder of the INBOX of the current user
and the absolute toplevel of what can be displayed in roundcube. I'm
no (php) developer at all. In the user list archive I found one topic
with th e same subject as this message. It's been more than a year
since that message appeared on the users list. Is there any update on
this topic?

Thanks in advance,

Br.

Dennis