[RCU] Read receipt not working?

kmnair kmnair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:17:01 CET 2007

On 11/29/07, Thomas Bruederli <roundcube at gmail.com> wrote:
> I cannot confirm this. Sending a message that asks for a read receipt works
> correctly with RoundCube.
>
> But if you mean opening a message that requires a confirmation with
> RoundCube, this is not implemented yet. The difficulty here is to remember
> that we already sent a receipt and not asking the user every time he/she
> opens the message.
>
> ~Thomas

Thanks Thomas for the clarification.

I naturally thought that since there is a read receipt button, the
mail when opened in RC will also have this acknowledgement facility.

I checked up from a squirrelmail client and confirmed this. Yes, it works.

But do you have any plans to implement this at the recipient (opening)
side too. Without this, this has much limited use, especially in
offical use, where this can used as an official confirmation
mechanism.

There are some posts in the forum requesting for this feature. Perhaps
you could take a look at the squirrelmail plugin for this for a
starter.

And Thomas, RC is such a nice software. Thank you SO much for
contributing this to the world.

Best regards.

kmn