[RCU] What does 'Focus browser window on new message' mean in labels.inc?

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu Dec 11 08:14:40 CET 2008

Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm confused about this item in lables.inc and don't know how to
> translate it:
>
>     $labels['focusonnewmessage'] = 'Focus browser window on new message';
>
> I tested roundcube (svn version) with/without this option checked, but
> not found what the different is. :(

When option is enabled and new message arrives the info message is
displayed and browser window is focused (window.focus()). When is
disabled window.focus() is not executed. This allows to notify user
about new mail when roundcube window is minimized or in unactive tab. It
was default behaviour before the option implementation.

Roundcube Webmail Project Developer http://roundcube.net