[RCU] How can i use '%d', '%u' in base_dn of roundcube ldap global address book?

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:32:05 CET 2008

Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I use OpenLDAP as global address book in roundcube-0.1.1, how can i use
> '%d', '%u' like in postfix ldap lookup table? so that i can make the
> user only search their own domain for address book. e.g.
>
>     'base_dn'       => "domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org",
>
> I tried this syntax, but it failed.

Those strings are only replaced if you have the 'user_specific' property of
the ldap server config set to true.

If user_specific is true RoundCube tries to bind to the LDAP server using
'bind_dn' and 'bind_pass' which will probably fail.

This now changed in r2157 where the bind command isn't issued if 'bind_dn'
is empty but 'user_specific' is set.

~Thomas