[RCU] Trouble on imap_root parameter

Matt Rude lists at mattrude.com
Mon Dec 29 22:33:25 CET 2008

> Hi list,
>
> I don’t know the function of imap_root parameter. What does it do? How
> to config it with qmail, vpopmail installation? Explain me please.
>
> Many Thanks

imap_root is asking you what your Imap server uses as the root of your
mailbox.  Some servers use INBOX and some like Dovecot don't use one.
(Sorry I don't know what qmail uses.)

For dovecot I have:
$rcmail_config['imap_root'] = '';
$rcmail_config['imap_delimiter'] = '.';

The 'imap_delimiter' is the delimiter for sub folders.

If you don't know, telnet in and see what it uses.

telnet mail.example.com 143

* Logging In

. login <username> <password>

* Listing Imap Directories