[RCU] How can i use '%d', '%u' in base_dn of roundcube ldap global address book?

Zhang Huangbin zhbmaillistonly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:16:56 CET 2008

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Zhang Huangbin wrote:
>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I use OpenLDAP as global address book in roundcube-0.1.1, how can i use
>> '%d', '%u' like in postfix ldap lookup table? so that i can make the
>> user only search their own domain for address book. e.g.
>>
>>     'base_dn'       => "domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org",
>>
>> I tried this syntax, but it failed.
>>

> Those strings are only replaced if you have the 'user_specific' property of
> the ldap server config set to true.
>
> If user_specific is true RoundCube tries to bind to the LDAP server using
> 'bind_dn' and 'bind_pass' which will probably fail.
>
> This now changed in r2157 where the bind command isn't issued if 'bind_dn'
> is empty but 'user_specific' is set.
>
> ~Thomas

I use roundcube-0.2-stable now, but still failed.

My configuration:
----
  'user_specific' => true,
  'base_dn'       => 'domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=iredmail.org,dc=org',
  'bind_dn'       => 'mail=%fu,domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org',
  'bind_pass'     => '%p',
  'writable'      => false,   // Indicates if we can write to the LDAP
directory or not.
----

The '%fu', '%d' substitution works, but it didn't bind success.
How can i solve this issue?

Thanks very much. :)

--
Best regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Open Source Mail Server Solution for RHEL/CentOS 5.x:
  http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/