[RCU] Features? #2

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 01:01:03 CET 2008

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:11:44 +0100, Gregorics Tamás
<tamas.gregorics at mmcomputer.hu> wrote:
>>> 7. Filters
>>>  Is there a possibility in RC to define Filters which move messages
> with
>>>  a certain header, say, to a particular folder?
>>>

>> I think this probably falls outside of the scope of RC, but I could be
>> wrong.  I do this by having procmail set up on the server I use.  That
> way
>> it does the same for RC, mutt, squirrelmail or any other client I wish
>> use.

> How would you solve it if you couldn't access procmail config? (think
> about a webmail hosting company)

Yeah, this is an issue.  I guess you could write a fairly simple web
interface to create/read/edit a procmail script using simple recipes.
Putting this into RC seems a little in the wrong place to me, but I can
understand the need.  But again, I'd probably try and opt for a filtering
system that would work no matter what client you used.  I wonder if other
webmail packages offer this - I've only used squirrelmail and RC, so I
don't have wide experience really.

Alex