[RCU] Display Name on user identity initialization

Patrick Zaloum pzaloum at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:57:30 CET 2008

Hello!
I love so many things about roundcube, if the developpers read this: great
job, such a beautiful piece of software! thanks a lot!

I had a question regarding the default display name at the time of a user's
first identity initialization. It would seem that it simply takes the prefix
of the email address as the display name. I run my web server where
roundcube resides in the same place as my imap server so the users logging
into roundcube do authenticate on the machine itself. How difficult would it
be to pull the user's real name from /etc/passwd and use that as the display
name that gets inserted when a user logs in for the first time?

Thanks for any ideas!
Pat