[RCU] Mass Deletions

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Thu Jan 24 16:44:48 CET 2008

> when i have a folder selected in the folder window, there is some
> text at
> the bottom that reads something like: ``Folder: compact empty'', where
> ``compact'' and ``empty'' are links if the folder selected contains
> mail. i
> tested them and they have predictable results.

WFM too, at least when the "Empty" selection is a clickable link.
There are some mailboxes I have that don't have that feature enabled
- the link is grey not red.
The "Trash" and "Junk" mailboxes are the only two that I can "Empty"

Since allowing any mailbox to be emptied is dangerous, it looks like
there is a JavaScript function that limits the user to only empty
those two mailboxes in app.js

> if (this.env.messagecount &&
> (this.env.mailbox==this.env.trash_mailbox ||
> this.env.mailbox==this.env.junk_mailbox))
>           this.enable_command('purge', true);

I assume you could modify that function in your installation so you
can empty mailboxes willy-nilly.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265