[RCU] Having some minor troubles with Roundcube install

Matt Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Wed Jan 30 13:08:55 CET 2008

 I believe I have the most recent version of Roundcube installed via
svn on Apache/2.2.8.  Roundcube is Revision 971.  I'm using Server
version: 5.1.22-rc FreeBSD port: mysql-server-5.1.22

 It actually works at the moment, but there's a couple things I can't
figure out.

 1)  If I edit db.inc.php and set $rcmail_config['db_backend'] =
'mdb2'; - I will get a "FAILED TO CONNECT TO DATABASE" message.  I do
have MDB2 installed.  If I change mdb2 to db it will work.

 2) Whether I have the above line set to db or mdb2 I always get the
same message with check.php....

 Check supplied DB settings
 DB settings: NOT OK

 Why would my DB setting be "NOT OK"? (even when using 'db')  and why
can't I use mdb2?

 Thanks!

 Matt