[RCU] X-header with authenticated username

Zhang Huangbin zhbmaillistonly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:02:15 CEST 2008

Helpdesk Crossnet Support wrote:
> Hi Roundcube!
>
> We have recently installed a roundcube server and testing it. There is a small feature that I miss. I would like to add an extra x-header to all e-mail sent from roundcube with the authenticated username. Something similar to what squirrelmail uses.
>
> For example: If I use a custom profile in roundcube and set the email address to something else. The message that is delivered does not include a header with the authenticated user.
>
> Squirrelmail have this info in the headers of the mail.
>
> Would it be possible to somehow add the authenticated username in the x-headers?
>
> We tried to modify the User-Agent in main.inc.php but the header that came with the mail looked like this.

> As you can see, I don't want %u but ruben at testingroundcube.test<mailto:ruben at testingroundcube.test> instead. It should not be hard to get it to work or to add an extra X-header.
>
> The reason I want this is so that no one can fake emails and to make it easier to track abusive users.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to get this to work?
>
> Best Regards
> Ruben
> Crossnet Technical Solutions

Maybe you need to modify roundcubemail. But,
Does 'smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header=yes' in Postfix fit your need?

Reference:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- iRedMail: Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux & CentOS 5.x:
  http://iRedMail.googlecode.com/