[RCU] Locale always set to English

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Tue Mar 4 18:40:35 CET 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Patrick Zaloum wrote:

> I have just installed the stable release and saw one thing that
> worked in rc2 but not stable:
> In main.config.php i have set
> $rcmail_config['locale_string'] = 'fr';
>
> When new users sign in, they get an english session. Any ideas?

It works for me here.
Does the login screen appear in the correct language ?

There is a cookie that makes the language choice, so if that cookie
is set for the browser used, that will make the language stick, even
for a new user. It wasn't until I deleted my cookies that I could get
the language set in the config file to be picked up.

Delete any cookies for roundcube and try again. You should also look
in the database to see if the users already exist, and if the
"language" field of the "users" table is set to "fr"

As an administrator many times I log into new accounts to make sure
they work. I unknowingly set the language to that new account from
the cookie in my browser, and not from the config file.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265