[RCU] Slightly OT: vacation (out of office) alternatives

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Tue Mar 11 00:05:39 CET 2008

Hi all,

We have migrated from Squirrelmail to Roundcube, and by and large the
users love RC.  One thing RC lacks though is an "out-of-office"
function; ie. something like the "vacation" plugin that Squirrel has.
In fact, I've had to keep the Squirrel alive so that people can set
their out-of-office messages from there.

So my question (to people who may have faced this issue) is: what are
you using for the out-of-office function?  Most of my users are not
going to log on to the mail server and type '/usr/bin/vacation'!  So I'm
looking for something web based.  I don't mind if it's not integrated
with Roundcube, in fact I'd prefer it that way because many users are on
Thunderbird, Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Cheers,
Roy