[RCU] Installation won't start

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Thu May 1 00:43:58 CEST 2008

> Anyway, I made that change by creating a .htaccess file in the
> installer
> directory and setting the php parameter at run time.

I think you are digging in the wrong place.

> PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter -
> headers already sent (output started
> at /var/www/roundcube/installer/index.php:8)
> in /var/www/roundcube/installer/index.php on line 29, referer:
> http://roundcube/installer/welcome.html

 From my experience with PHP, that indicates a stray character that
is being sent down to the browser before the headers are sent later
in the code.

> Now what?

I've seen problems like that if the line endings of the file don't
match the host platform.
There might be some kind of typo in one of those files.

Did you check the download against the MD5 hash to make sure the
download wasn't corrupted in transit ?

It is possible your PHP is set to display warnings, and the code is
triggering a warning that is being echoed to the browser before the
headers are sent.

> I'm surprised such a big bug made into the general 0.1.1 release!  I'm
> assuming not many other people are running this code since I'm not
> finding much information about it.

It is possible the problem is triggered specifically on your setup.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265