[RCU] Installation won't start

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri May 2 04:08:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 12:23 -0500, chasd wrote:
> You can hand-edit the ( well commented ) config files -
>
> cp config/db.inc.php.dist config/db.inc.php
> vi config/db.inc.php
> cp config/main.inc.php.dist config/main.inc.php
> vi config/main.inc.php

Damn.  I did that, tried to run the installer, and got a blank page.
So, I decided to re-read the instructions, and no where in the INSTALL
did it say to make a copy of those files and THEN run the installer.

When I deleted the copied config files, the web basedd installer started
up normally.  I think a note about this should be made in the INSTALL
file.

The installation is done, and I can login now with one domain.  I have
other questions, but I'll start a new thread for them.

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Regards,

Ranbir

--