[RCU] Multiple domains

gnul nullchar at gmail.com
Fri May 2 19:06:49 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>  Roundcube is supposed to have easily
>  configurable, built in support for multiple domains?!  I'm absolutely
>  dumb founded.

Dude, I am a new RoundCube user, but I must say that most popular
webmail apps support multiple domains, provided the user specifies
their email address (username at domain).  RoundCube, like IlohaMail and
SquirrelMail, supports this out-of-the-box.

To support multiple domains without the user specifying the actual
domain usually requires some code modification (like grabbing some
environment variables as shown in this thread).

I run one install of RoundCube under a single SSL host for all
domains. Thus, I chose to not have any "default" domain(s) and to
force my multi-domain users to specify their email address (I don't
have an SSL cert for every domain so: http://mail.theirdomain.tld
redirects to https://mydomain/mail).

To eliminate confusion on the login page, I changed the 'string
bundle' so that "Email Address" was displayed on the login page
instead of "Username".

In File: program/localization/en_US/labels.inc ::  (and any other
langs you support)
$labels['username']  = 'Email Address';

This doesn't solve your problem, but the default install worked well for me.

 -gnul