[RCU] Usernames roundcube sends to servers

tobi tobster at brain-force.ch
Sat Dec 19 00:51:19 CET 2009

Am 19.12.2009 00:37, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> On 12/18/2009 5:53 PM, tobi wrote:
>
>> Is there a setting in the conf to force roundcube to send the username
>> as given by the user without any forcing of lower-case?
>>
> I always lowercase any/all logins to my mail servers.
>
> Why on earth would anyone want case sensitive usernames?

I don't need it, I don't have it ;-)
We had a discussion in our forum and I could not believe the claim that
rc let the user login with User. So I tested and saw okay that's true.
I expected the same behaviour from rc as from "normal" mailclients which
take the credentials as given and therefore get a reject from the server.
So there is no config variable to achieve that?

Regards

tobi