[RCU] Usernames roundcube sends to servers

Mark Little marklittle at koallo.com
Sat Dec 19 01:58:13 CET 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:51:19 +0100, tobi <tobster at brain-force.ch> wrote:
> Am 19.12.2009 00:37, schrieb Charles Marcus:
>> On 12/18/2009 5:53 PM, tobi wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a setting in the conf to force roundcube to send the username
>>> as given by the user without any forcing of lower-case?
>>>
>> I always lowercase any/all logins to my mail servers.
>>
>> Why on earth would anyone want case sensitive usernames?
>>

> I don't need it, I don't have it ;-)
> We had a discussion in our forum and I could not believe the claim that
> rc let the user login with User. So I tested and saw okay that's true.
> I expected the same behaviour from rc as from "normal" mailclients which
> take the credentials as given and therefore get a reject from the
server.
> So there is no config variable to achieve that?
>
> Regards
>
> tobi

Personally I don't think forcing lowercase for usernames is bad.. and if
you really want to compare with other clients then I think you should be
comparing with other webmail clients.  I don't have a Hotmail account, but
I just tested with Gmail by capitalising 3 of the letters in my login name
and it logged in just fine.

Cheers,
Mark