[RCU] auto domain login

Daniel López dani at tydnet.org
Wed Dec 30 09:07:25 CET 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 02:26:19 Jim Pazarena wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has created a method to specify a domain name
> on the address bar to eliminate the user from having to enter it. I
> know that a 'default' can be set up, but this is not what I am intending.
> I host webmail for dozens of domains. It would be very convenient if the
> main index page (index.php) could have the domain attached; such as:
> http://www.maindomain.net/roundcube/index.php/?_domain=custdomain.com
> would/could create a login page which does NOT require a complete email
> address, but attaches the "custdomain.com" to the userID which the
> customer
> has entered. If they bookmarked the link to: /?_domain=custdomain.com
> they would never have to enter their domain name.
>
> If this has been accomplished I would appreciate learning about it, else
> I will delve into the code required to accomplish it. ... OR if someone
> advises that existing architecture would make it very difficult I would
> appreciate learning this as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

You need to use de vlogin plugin for roundcube.
I used vlogin in squirrelmail and it was the top list requirement before
migrating to RC.

/**
 * Vlogin Roundcube plugin
 *
 * @version 1.0
 * @url http://sourceforge.net/projects/roundcubevlogin/
 * @author Marco Neumann <webcoder_at_binware_dot_org>
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2009, Marco Neumann
 * Licensed under the BSD License. For full terms see the file COPYING.
 *
 * $Id: config.inc.php.dist 2 2009-10-02 06:53:59Z p0l0 $
 */

This pluging extracts the domain part from the url of your webmail page and
the user only needs to enter his username without the domain (everything at
the left of the @).

It is not exactly what you ment but works great for me.

Good luck,

dani