[RCU] Force ssl with roundcube.

Daniel Spies daniel.spies at fuceekay.com
Mon Feb 2 22:59:46 CET 2009

chas at digital-journal.com wrote on Monday 02 February 2009:
> Hello,
>    I'm interested in forcing SSL for users at a new rouncube install. I've
> tried an entry in the .htaccess file but it's not working. I see
> something in the roundcube config file but I'm not sure how to
> implement it that way.
> My site will serve the login page if you type https://(my url) so I know
> that is working.
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Chas
>
> P.s. The url www.roundcubeforum.net does not seem to work, is the forum
> still active?

This is how I do it (whole config):

<VirtualHost 11.22.33.44:443>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/webmail
    ServerName webmail.example.com
    ServerAdmin info at example.com

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

    SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/CA/certs/webserver.cert.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/CA/private/webserver.key.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile /etc/ssl/CA/certs/cacert.pem
    SSLCACertificatePath /etc/ssl/CA/certs/
    SSLCARevocationPath /etc/ssl/CA/
    SSLVerifyClient none
    SSLVerifyDepth  10

    SSLOptions +ExportCertData +StrictRequire
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ssl_request_log_webmail "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x
%{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b" env=!gif-image
</Virtualhost>

<Directory /var/www/webmail>
    SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

# THIS IS THE ACTUAL REDIRECT TO YOUR HTTPS:
<VirtualHost 11.22.33.44:80>
    ServerAdmin info at example.com
    RedirectMatch permanent (/.*) https://webmail.example.com$1
</VirtualHost>