[RCU] Testing 0.30RC1

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Jul 29 09:53:56 CEST 2009

Claudio Kuenzler wrote:
> Alec, is there a way to change a setting that users return to the
> message list after deleting an opened mail?

No, currently there's no such option.

> I really loved the fact that Roundcube went back to the message overview
> and not to the next e-mail. In fact I hate when mailsystems do that (see
> hotmail), you automatically open another e-mail you maybe didnt want to
> read (yet) and it will be already shown as read in your inbox. Plus,
> talking about spam, if the next message is a spam-mail you're going to
> open that by accident which might have a tracking code in the html code
> (so the spammer knows the user opened the mail).
>
> I totally agree with Jeff, the old way was better.

Now behaviour is the same as with preview pane. If you delete a message from
the list, next message is displayed in preview pane. So, it's just an unification,
but I agree that we should provide an option to change this behaviour globally
(when working with preview pane or without it).

Roundcube Webmail Project Developer http://roundcube.net