[RCU] Change default charset

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Mon Jun 22 17:25:07 CEST 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Marcus Gmail wrote:

> Any idea?

RC uses UTF-8 by default, which is a Good Thing, and works best for
most situations.
If you have a specific need, you might want to deviate from the default.
( I think your other systems should be switched to UTF-8,
rather than switching RC to ISO-8859-1. )

You may need to change this in index.php

define('RCMAIL_CHARSET', 'UTF-8');

I found that by using this shell command :

find /var/www/roundcube -name '*.php' -exec grep -l UTF {} \;
and then grepping each of the resulting files for UTF.

You may be using a different version of RC than I am, so that
constant might be defined in a different file.
There may be other places where UTF-8 is hard coded, grep the *.inc
files.

Changing the default charset  might break other things, even if it
fixes the problem you are trying to fix.

--
Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/