[RCU] Change default charset

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Tue Jun 23 19:08:35 CEST 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Marcus Gmail wrote:

> I noticed that my problem wasn't in charset configuration, but among
> caracteres in subject.

The subject is in the headers of the message, and the character
encoding of the Subject string is a special case.
Check RFC2047 -

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2047>

> I am not sure if it is a roundcube problem or "postfix + courier"
> problem or both.

Not sure either.
Can you try a different IMAP server, like dovecot, to see if the
issue is still there ?
( dovecot is the most tested IMAP server for RC )

> Everytime that my subject have special character (áàçã) and It also
> have
> more than 32 characters, my message arrived strange format and without
> attachment in email client.

> However I sended a same message but It had short subject (less 32
> characters). It works perfectly.

Good to have a test case.
In my opinion, you should file a bug.
See the " Reporting Bugs " section of

<http://www.roundcube.net/contribute>

> =?UTF-8?Q?cord?=

This is exactly what RFC2047 talks about, but it looks mangled or
truncated to me.

Not sure where or how it got mangled, and why 32 characters is the
trigger.

--
Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/