[RCU] Dovecot vs Courier/Others

Mark Little marklittle at koallo.com
Thu Jun 25 16:33:39 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I know this isn't strictly related to RC only, however I was wondering if
I could get some feedback from anyone who has converted from using
something like Courier to Dovecot and how you have found the performance
differences etc.

I am currently running Exim+Courier+RC and things work well and fast,
however the userbase using the system may be increasing by a very large
amount shortly and I have been looking into methods to increase/sustain
performance.  I have seen a few people mention Dovecot and that RC has been
written specifically with it in mind, however I want to make sure its worth
it before I go and start messing with a system that is working well (at
present).

I have also been looking at IMAPProxy - Does anyone use this with RC? (and
Dovecot ?)  Any issues or things I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

-- Mark