[RCU] Line Spacing Issue in the HTML Text Editor

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Tue Sep 29 20:46:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:32:54 -0700 (PDT), Keith Schonrock
<peridoc77 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using Roundcube SVN Version 2999 (latest), but ever since I started
> using Roundcube (a while ago) I have noticed that when I am composing or
> replying to an email the editor seems to add extra spacing lines (almost
> like double-spacing) and it is difficult to tell how the recipient will
see
> the message -- i.e. with lots of extra space or not.  Is there a way to
> correct this in the HTML editor and make the editor use single spacing
> instead of double spacing?  I found that lists, such as bullet lists,
are
> single spaced but regular text seems not to be.
>
> I am typically using Firefox 3.5.3, but tested this on IE 8 and Google
> Chrome as well and saw the same results.

This is because you are composing your message in HTML.  When you hit
enter the HTML editor is treating it like a new paragraph which adds the
extra line.  You can either hit alt-enter and it will give you a single
line or switch to composing your messages in plain text.

I am not sure if the developers of Roundcude will change this behavior or
not.

Jeff