[RCU] Line Spacing Issue in the HTML Text Editor

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Wed Sep 30 00:09:48 CEST 2009

http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/force_br_newlines

>> I do agree that paragraphs serve the purpose better. Is there a CSS
that
>> TinyMCE uses to compose emails? Perhaps it would be better to alter the
> CSS
>> to whatever desired paragraph spacing rather than switch to BR tags.
>>
>> My two cents.
>>
>> // Andrés
>
> I didn't say it was a good idea, just that it could be done. While I
also
> think that paragraph tags are a more logical choice, it is quite
different
> than many other mail clients. For example, both Apple's Mail.app and
> Thunderbird do line breaks by default, not paragraphs. So if consistency
> between clients is important, the BR tag may be a better choice.

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:51:56 -0700, Andres Sulleiro
<Andres.Sulleiro at razorfish.com> wrote:
> Sure, that's fair. Was just providing the option of manipulating the <p>
> tag without having to change to <br>. If BRs are the preferred method,
then
> by all means. Should this not be the default configuration then instead
of
> the non-consistant way?
>
> // Andrés

In the opinion of myself and my organization, consistency trumps the other
considerations. We prefer the BR tag here.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services