[RCU] Empty Messge Body

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Wed Sep 30 16:16:41 CEST 2009

I have an issue similar or related to this.

I get my mail lists as digest ( I know, I'm an oddball )
Many mailing lists are using mailman, and mailman constructs the
digest messages.

mailman has a bug in how it constructs plain-text digests, it puts
UTF-8 as the character encoding in the header, but then simply jams
each message into the digest without doing a character conversion to
UTF-8. You end up with one big message with different pieces using
different character encodings. For many lists this isn't an issue,
however for some where there are many international contributors,
this gobble-dee-gook can make MUAs have a massive hissy fit
displaying the digest message.

My workaround is to subscribe to some lists via the HTML Digest.
Lately, in an older version of RC, some messages in the digest show
the header of the message, but the body of the message empty, unless
you inspect the message source. Most of the messages that exhibit
this problem originate from an iPhone.

I am beginning testing of RC 0.3 to see if it handles these seemingly
body-less messages better.
My problem is that RC 0.3 doesn't show the individual headers in the
digest like my older RC does.
I have to find some time to ferret that issue out first.

--
Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/