[RCU] Empty Messge Body

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Wed Sep 30 16:25:32 CEST 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 9:23 PM, Keith Schonrock wrote:

> I looked at that "Display HTML" setting and it was already set.
> Interesting thing is when I deselect it, I get text for the message
> that is in question.  When I have the Display HTML option on there
> is only blank space.  Ugh...other HTML messages work, so I am sure
> it is just something going on with this and the few that do this in
> RC.  Since they show up in Thunderbird it would be nice that they
> do the same in RC, but maybe it is not meant to be.

My thinking on this is that if a message only has a plain text part
or only has an HTML part, TB will display the part that is there no
matter what the preference setting is. RC adheres strictly to your
personal preference, and only displays the part you have chosen, even
if that part is empty.

For those messages that only have a HTML part, and no plain text
part, if your preference is set to display only plain text ( "
Display HTML " unchecked ), do you get a clickable link to the HTML
part in the header ? If you click that, does it open a new window
with the HTML part displayed ?

Maybe there needs to be a similar link to the plain text part when "
Display HTML " is checked, so you can get to some content if the HTML
part is empty but the plain text part contains content. Right now you
can get to the HTML part when viewing plain text, but if you are
viewing HTML you can't get to the plain text part.

--
Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/