[RCU] virtuser_file broke in 3706?

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Fri Jun 4 19:11:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:52:11 -0700, Arne Berglund
<aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> Perhaps you don't understand what's trying to happen here. IMAP access
> is fine. What I am talking about is correctly populating the various
> Identity fields upon first login. Due to the fact that our mail system
> handles 14 separate domains/organizations but uses a shared username
> space, the email address for the identity can not be constructed by RC,
> it must be looked up and entered there. Since we don't trust the users
> to do this properly on their own, we want to populate this field
> automatically, which is what the virtuser plugins are designed to do.
> The virtuser_file plugin does a lookup of the address from a
> sendmail/postfix style virtuser file, and adds the address to the
> identity.
>
> For future reference, we use new_user_identity to auto-populate the
> Display name field (comes from LDAP), and squirrelmail_usercopy to
> populate the Personal addressbook and copy over signatures if any.

Follow up - I have found that the plugin works as intended if the
"identities_level" param allows email addresses to be end-user editable.
So with:

=================

// Set identities access level:
// 0 - many identities with possibility to edit all params
// 1 - many identities with possibility to edit all params but not
email address
// 2 - one identity with possibility to edit all params
// 3 - one identity with possibility to edit all params but not email
address
$rcmail_config['identities_level'] = ?;

set to either '0' or '2', it works. But if set to '1' or '3' it does
not.

I'm pretty certain that this behavior has changed at some point, as I
have (to my knowledge) never allowed the addresses to be user-editable.

Any other thoughts on this?

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services