[RCU] Can anyone comment on how safe Roundcube is?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Tue Jun 15 19:11:32 CEST 2010

On Mon 14 Jun 2010 10:17:32 PM CEST, Amory Gears wrote

> Would you say that it is safer or as safe as Yahoo, Google or ISP
> e-mail adresses?

one thing is that safety have nothing to do with what email address
one have, if you want roundcube can be setup on localhost an use your
yahoo email just fine since all roundcube does is to acccess imap and
smtpd for sending

> What happens if someone opens a message containing a virus or a
> Trojan, is there any risk to webmail or only the user's computer?

open any file from webmail is risky, one just dont need to open
anything to read email, if one of the friends want one to type there
webpage address in to your browser, will you do it ?

i will ask them to send me there homepage addresse so i can see it

no problem, you btw killed my stat for all users at yahoo.com is spammers :=)

--
xpoint