[RCU] PHP warning - date.timezone

Jim Pazarena roundcube at paz.bz
Fri Nov 5 03:36:34 CET 2010

PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to
rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone
setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone
identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in
/usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/main.inc on line 1029

my roundcube errors log is FULL (27G !) of these messages.
I am not sure where to find the "date.timezone" this message refers to.
Nor do I understand the "date_default_timezone_set()" function.

Inside the file main.inc.php, I tried to set
"$rcmail_config['timezone'] = '(GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US/Canada)';

but the errors log keeps filling up.

So I have adjusted the above to:
"$rcmail_config['timezone'] = 'America/Los_Angeles';

as it suggests, but the errors log KEEPS filling with the exact same message.

Advice gratefully appreciated.

Jim