[RCU] PHP warning - date.timezone

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Fri Nov 5 17:54:59 CET 2010

On 11/05/2010 12:34 PM, Jim Pazarena wrote:

>> See the date.timezone section of,
>>
>>    http://www.php.net/manua/en/datetime.configuration.php
>>
>> for possible values.

(How did I lose the 'l' in that URL?)

> I find that my "php.ini" DOES have:
>
> date.timezone = "America/Vancouver"    in it.
>
> Seems as tho my php system doesn't like that!
>
> can it be placed inside ROUNDCUBE anywhere ?

Are you sure that you're using the php.ini that you think you're using?
Adding it to php.ini was sufficient for me. Apache might need to be
restarted, depending on how you've got PHP implemented.

You can't just stick the value anywhere in RoundCube, but you should be
able to use something like,

  php_value	date.timezone	"America/Vancouver"

in your .htaccess file.

If you want to set it in the *code*, you would have to use,

  date_default_timezone_set("America/Vancouver");

but I don't think that's a very good idea.